WILDERNESS FLY-FISHING & PACK TRIPS TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS
- You will need to make hotel reservations for your incoming and outgoing nights. On the day we depart for camp we leave early in the morning and on the day we return from the mountains we return in the late afternoon.
- Hotel information is listed below. Please check in with ABO (406-579-3866) upon arrival to let us know you have arrived. Leave your cell phone number so we can call and confirm the morning departure time.
- Guests Driving: Big Timber is located off Interstate 90 between Bozeman and Billings. Bozeman to Big Timber is 60 miles, driving time 1 hour. Billings to Big Timber is 90 miles, driving time 1½ hours.
- If you are driving you will want to make your hotel reservations in Big Timber for your incoming and outgoing nights.
- Guests Flying: Plan to fly into the Bozeman International Airport (BZN) the day before your trip begins. The following airlines service Bozeman:
Delta 1-800-325-1999 American 1-800-433-7300
Northwest 1-800-225-2525 Horizon Air 1-800-547-9308
Alaska Airlines 1-800-252-7522 Frontier 1-800-432-1359
The service is usually very good into Bozeman. However, this is a college town, home to Montana State University, so make your reservations early.
Check out Montana Travel (1-800-247-3538) or (email@example.com) for some of the best air fares available. Remember, Bozeman is on Mountain Time so keep that in mind when making your travel arrangements.
- If you are flying you will want to make a hotel reservation in Big Timber for your incoming night and in Bozeman for your outgoing night.
- If you are not renting a car we will provide you with shuttle service from the Bozeman Airport to your hotel in Big Timber and return you to your hotel in Bozeman at the end of your trip. The cost of this service is $300 round trip per vehicle. (Example – If we are picking up 4 clients and their gear in one vehicle, the cost would be $75 round trip per person. If we are picking up 1 client, the cost would be $300 round trip for that one client.)
Big Timber, Montana
- The Grand Hotel (www.thegrand-hotel.com) (406-932-4459).
The Grand Hotel Bed and Breakfast is a charming and beautifully renovated historical hotel in downtown Big Timber. The hotel provides a wonderful full breakfast but not before 8:00 am. It has a well-stocked vintage bar which serves lunch and dinner. But for those with a “grander” palette it sports a fabulous restaurant that serves delicious gourmet dinners. The dining room is very popular so be sure to make a reservation.
- The Super 8 Motel (www.super8.com) (406-932-8888).
The Super 8 Motel has comfortable rooms with small refrigerators and serves a light breakfast. For a heartier breakfast, the Country Skillet is across the street and opens at 6:00 AM.
- The Wingate Inn (www.wingatebozeman.com) (406-582-4995).
The Wingate Inn is a small, friendly hotel conveniently located off 19th Street. The Inn has a breakfast bar that opens at 5:30 each morning, comfortable rooms, pool and exercise facility. They provide shuttle service to the airport. For reduced rates refer to our VIP CODE (ABO) when making reservations. Make your reservations early. The summer is a busy time for tourists while the fall is filled with college related activities.
Bozeman is a delightful old western town with great restaurants, wonderful art galleries, the Museum of the Rockies and many other fun places to visit. If you have the time, arrive a day or two early or stay over a day after your ABO trip to enjoy some of what Bozeman has to offer.
2013 Wilderness Pack Trip Information Packet (PDF)
2013 Wilderness Progressive Pack Trip Information Packet (PDF)
What to expect on your trip
A personal note from the owner
Pack Trip Suggested Clothing and Equipment List
What's Included/Not Included
For More Information and to Make Reservations...
Pack Trip Deposit Policy
A deposit of 50% of the trip is required to book your reservation. This deposit is non-refundable.
The balance of the cost of the trip is due 30 days prior to trip date and is non-refundable. Trips not fully paid by this date will be considered cancelled. Trip Cancellation Insurance, which we recommend, is available at: Travel Guard
We accept credit cards (Visa/MasterCard only) and checks.